Big 3 Basketball debuted on Sunday in Brooklyn after months of hype. The 3-on-3 basketball league formed by Ice Cube saw competitive basketball in a packed Barclays Center.
— BIG3 (@thebig3) June 25, 2017
However, Opening Day did come with it’s issues. Two of the league’s top players, including former Florida Gator star Jason Williams, were injured, with their status unknown.
Williams went down with a non-contact right leg injury that occurred late in the 3 Headed Monsters victory over the Ghost Ballers.
— JeffGSpursZone (@JeffGSpursZone) June 25, 2017
Williams came to the University of Florida from Marshall when Billy Donovan was hired. In 20 games, “White Chocolate” averaged 17.1 points and 6.7 assists per game. In February of 1998, Donovan suspended Williams for the remainder of the year after his third infraction involving marijuana. Williams entered the NBA Draft following that incident.
Williams spent 12 seasons in the NBA playing for Sacramento, Memphis, Miami, and Orlando. He averaged 10.5 points and 5.9 assists over the course of his career.
- Florida head coach Amanda O’Leary named Tewaaraton Legend
- Gators earn first SEC win with dominating effort at Arkansas
- Florida ranked first in SEC Preseason Coaches Poll
- Allen’s breakout performance propels Florida past Arkansas and into first place
- Chiozza expected to play despite illness